Saturday, December 4, 2010

Music... What the Hell?

Most of us know how profound an effect music can have. I went and saw Roger Waters last night performing The Wall. The Wall has been of my favorite albums since the day I first heard it. The older I get, the more I like it. Classifying this solely as an album does not do it justice. It is an album, it's theater, it's a blood curdling dose of humanity and reality.. This was one of the best shows I've ever seen and even though there was no Gilmour, Wright or Mason, it was still very moving. The music was executed with precision and the show itself was extremely well done. Visually, it was incredible. The old animations were there but there were a lot of new effects and animations that blended seamlessly with the original visual effects. Sound was perfect of course. . If there is any complaint, it's only that listening to anyone but Gilmour play the solos, particularly during Comfortably Numb and Young Lust, was a bit difficult. David Gilmour is the only man who can do those parts period. Had I seen Pink Floyd perform this, My brain would likely have melted. If you have a chance to see this, go. Get good seats and go. All in all, this was something I'm very glad I saw. Very rarely do I leave a show speechless, I left feeling like I needed to change my life. This was one of the most powerful pieces of entertainment I've witnessed. I've listened to the album hundreds of times and I enjoy it every time. To see it as it was meant to be seen, the whole production, was something altogether different. I had trouble keeping it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment