Thursday, December 2, 2010

Religion...Oh No!

Yes religion! For the record, I'm not against the idea of religion or "spiritualism" if you will. What I have real problem with is the social and political use of religion to control people. Whether it's monotheism or polytheism, for as long as history has been recorded, religion has been corrupted into a tool for those seeking power. So corrupted in fact that anyone who believes that the bible retains any remote similarity to it's original version is smoking the good stuff. I personally have a hard time believing it's anything more than good fiction. I certainly don't consider myself any kind of expert on religion but I would be willing to bet that had the crusades gone a little differently or had Rome not fell, everyone would be shoving what ever system of belief that evolved down our throats. Modern religion is nothing more than the result of countless wars and political agendas. More lives have been lost in the name of some deity or another than any plague or disease. That is the polar opposite of what religion is supposed to be about. To me it seems pretty far fetched that people believe some of this stuff. Walking on water, people turning to stone and visions of angels, Jesus and the apostles is just a little to close to an acid trip to be real. Please! If anyone comes up with that kind of crap today are you going to believe them? Nope, you're not. Why? Because it's fiction.

It's all good if you believe in any of that stuff, just don't knock on my door and try to shove your hysterical beliefs down my throat. I live in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment